Damiana Leaf is listed as having the following Properties:
- Mild Purgative: – having a laxative effect
- Diuretic: – increases the excretion of water from bodies
- Tonic: – giving a feeling of vigour or well-being
- Stimulant: – helps to increase alertness and energy
- Aphrodisiac: – something that stimulates sexual desire.
Damiana Leaf may benefit:
- The gastrointestinal system
- The Respiratory system
- Reproductive Organs
- The nervous system
- As a tea Damiana has been used as a tonic for the kidneys, the sexual organs and the nervous system.
- Has been used as a relaxant, digestive stimulant, mood enhancer & to increase sexual desire.
- In herbal medicine Damiana is used to treat headache, bedwetting, depression, nervous stomach, and constipation
- It has also been used to boost and maintain mental and physical stamina
- Often infused in alcohol to make liqueurs or cordials
- Made into a tincture
- Modern usage also includes use as a herbal smoke.
Our Damiana Leaf:
- Is Wildcrafted (grown naturally & without pollutants) and harvested sustainably in Mexico
- Is not heat treated or irradiated and is free from GMO’s S
- hould be infused in boiling water before consumption
- A certificate of analysis is available for this product if required
Cautions for Damiana – there are no known specific cautions
Allergens: Nuts, gluten, celery, milk/dairy and mustard are handled on the site where this product is processed. Handling procedures are in place to reduce the likelihood of allergens being present, but we cannot guarantee our ingredients are totally free of traces in the product supplied.
Information provided in the Herbal Apothecary is from the ‘folk herbalist’ tradition and does not pretend to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. Celtic Earth Spirit advises you to consult a medical professional before trying any herbal product.