History: The best known use for Juniper Berries is in the flavouring of gin, gin was originally a medicine in the 16th century? Although the herb had been used to flavour medicines and liqueurs since the 11th century, when juniper was used as a means of trying to avoid the black death. Gin as a medicine is said to have been originally invented by a Dutch chemist who used juniper to flavour his medicine for their diuretic, stomachic, and carminative properties.
- Useful in relieving stomach problems such as indigestion and flatulence.
- Traditionally used for avoidance of the ‘Black Death’.
- Ground into a powder they have been used for purification and cleansing for centuries.
- Best known as the flavouring for Gin.
- Also be used to make sweet syrups
Our Juniper Berries are:
- 100% Botanical, naturally sourced product
- Not heat treated
- Free from GMO’s
- Product must be infused in boiling water before consumption.
- A certificate of analysis is available for this product if required
Allergens: Nuts, gluten, celery, milk/dairy and mustard are handled on the site where this product is processed. Handling procedures are in place to reduce the likelihood of allergens being present, but we cannot guarantee our ingredients are totally free of traces in the product supplied.
Cautions: – consult a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or on any medications.
This information is for educational purposes only, it is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.